Friday 29 March 2013

Super Sale Haul!

Hello my Beauty Warriors!

So I am back at work now since I'm off my crutches! Yay! But it does mean I won't be hitting you up with all my fabulous opinions as often, I know it hurts but I still love you all the same!

So I have two hauls that I done, this is the first and it's mixed :)
Superdrug do these awsume sales every now and again when a product discontinues a line, they put the products down to 10p :D I HAD to get in about this kind of sale! Obviously thinking of you lot ;)

As this is a massive haul and I pretty much Rate it I'll be scoring the individual stuff I got :)



So here we go!

LIP STUFF

1. Bloom - 017 Petal

So the first thing I love about this is that it is not tested on animals. It carries the BAUV symbol and I'm a big believer in not sticking makeup on animals, they're cute enough already! But before I end up on a rant....
The colour is pretty nice, as you can see near enough through me I'm so pale it's nice to be able to wear a darker nude pink without looking like I've passed my sell by date. It wears pretty well and isn't dry or anything along those lines, a pretty good makeup!

7/10 Ratings



2. G.O.S.H - Velvet Touch Lipstick 147 Sunrise


First off....how cute is the packaging?! They paid lots of attention to detail here and it paid off. Wow. The colour is nice, the only thing is that on pale skin it goes a tad fluorescent. Sort of nedette shade but it is a really nice colour for a lipstick and I can see myself wearing it more come summer time :) It doesn't feel like velvet at all (I hate velvet) which I'm glad of but it does feel moisturising and it is well pigmented. You don't need a lot of this bad boy either so I can see it lasting. I think they still have this type of lipstick running but different colours :)

8/10 Ratings 


3. G.O.S.H - Soft N Shine Lip Balm - 31 Passion Pink

First impressions : This smells like sweeties but please do not nom this balm. It's a stunning reddy pink colour (for some reason it didn't show up like that on the camera) but it is really pretty! I'm one for looking like a rainbow's puked on me so this kind of colour is fantastic! It does as it says on the stick and it is a good balm, but you do need to reapply quite a bit. Other than that it's a pretty steady stick :D

8/10 Ratings




4. G.O.S.H - Soft N Shine Lip Balm - 33 Scarlet

As far as scarlet goes, this looks nothing like scarlet to me. Bit disappointed with the colour, but what can I complain about, it was 10p! This one is okay, colour is a tad bland but it does the job for day to day wear and it goes with just about anything.

6/10 Ratings







5. G.O.S.H - Soft N Shine Lip Balm - 35 Antique Gold

I LOVE THIS COLOUR! It's very girly and cute! I love it because it gives you a really nice hint of goldy colour without being BLING UP IN YO FACE. It's subtle but still enough that it wouldn't feel like a waste of a balm. Only problem is this colour does wear very quickly so you do need to reapply lots but I would say it was worth it.


9.5/10 Ratings


EYE STUFF

I felt like showing you these colours all together as this is how I have been wearing them the past few days and I think it looks amazing!


6. G.O.S.H Lets Twist Eyeliner - 102 Hot Flamingo

Very nice colour, only problem is that you do need to go over the same bit quite a few times and really put some elbow into it to get the colour to show properly. I know that pink is a hard colour to get to show properly in eyeliners but this one's worth it when you put in the effort :)

8/10 Ratings





7. G.O.S.H Lets Twist Eyeliner -Soft Splash

Really nice icey blue colour. Doesn't take as much of a going over as the first one, but does take a few attempts to get it looking bright. Slightly lighter blue than what's shown on the pencil but that's usually the case. Fab wee pencil :)


8/10 Ratings





8. G.O.S.H Lets Twist Eyeliner - 103 Kamikaze

So I got this colour because it looked a bit mental. I didn't think I would like it, but I adore it! It doesn't show up on this camera as green as it actually is but it is a beaut of a colour! This one goes on bright straight away and takes no extra effort at all. I don't usually wear green eyeliners but I really like this one :D


10/10 Ratings



9. G.O.S.H Glamorous Eye Shadow - 21 Violet



So this one was a let down. Can't all be good can it? So from the looks of it in the pot it looks very pigmented and lovely. When you put it on....you look like someone has walloped you in the face with a shoe. I will be using it, but more for my FX makeup work rather than anything that I would use when I wanted someone to look at my face without wincing and asking who beat me up or what I walked into.
I would have been rather pissed off had I not only spent 10p on this! I doubt anyone works the 'bruised babe' very well but hey....

2/10 Ratings



So that is all for my haul! Hope to see you again soon for the next installment of my opinion in your head :p x

1 comment:

  1. Such a bargain! I love it when Superdrug have their wee sales, Boots don't do it enough! Xx

    ReplyDelete