Monday 11 March 2013

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

Hello my fellow Beautyists!

I welcome thee to another review from the musings of Mandypops!

So I've done lots of hair stuff, some eye stuff and some boxy stuff, so lets do the stuff that you plaster over your moosh!

That tricky one! Foundation! I spent YEARS trying to find a decent foundation, due to my VERY VERY VERY (did I mention VERY?) awkward skin tone. I am what I like to call 'Zombie pale' which is extremely pale with blue undertones. I went mad spending a fortune over time on foundations that made me look like I'd been smacked with a Tango truck. Nothing worked for me as those pesky blue undertones made everything go orange. But before you bring out the man size tissues, I found a solution!

So whilst wandering a wee department store type thing in Glasgow, I was searching through the make-up bit and perplexing the make-up girls with how I could still be alive with a skin tone like this when I seen thee most different shades of pale foundation I had ever seen!

So here comes my knight in shining armor!....Well.....the right foundation on a shelf anyway! It's Illamasquas Skin Base Foundation. Such perfection in a wee tube!
The artists impression is so:

Cute foundation eh! So this stuff feels very light on the skin and doesn't feel like you have to pour it on the desk and rub your face on it to get an effect. A little drop of this heavenly stuff goes a long way, so it lasts for ages too. My skin tone troubles don't just stop there though! I have an array of freckles that aren't the cute dainty kind. It's the kind people say 'Oh it's a beauty spot!' when what they really mean is 'Wow spot the dalmatian over here looks like she's been in at the fountain pens again!' But it covers them too. It's like superman but disguised as a kick ass foundation!

It costs £27 from the Illamasqua website and to be honest you won't find it cheaper anywhere else, but you pay for what you get and I think it's amazing quality.

STATUS: RATE!
I adore this! I will be rebuying once it has ran out

No comments:

Post a Comment